Instructions for Authors
Authors wishing to submit their articles for Public Health Perspective Nepal Newsletter must strictly adhere to these guidelines (explained below). Articles that do not conform to these formatting guidelines may be removed from further consideration without review.
Submitting your article
Author need to be a subscriber of PHP Nepal to submit an article. In case of two or more authors both corresponding and co-authors MUST subscribe to PHP Nepal. To subscribe click here. Authors submit articles by sending electronic copy to the following address with the subject ‘Article for PHP Nepal’.
Editor in chief
Public Health Perspective Nepal Newsletter
Articles must follow the following format:
- Word limit: 700-800 words.
- Document type: Microsoft Word, and only with the regular file extension of .doc or .docx (do not submit documents with .rtf, .pdf or other extensions).
- Paper size: A4, 8.5 x 11 inches, with portrait orientation;
- Margins: 1 inch (1”; approximately 2.5 cm.) on all sides;
- Line numbers: None
- Line spacing: Exactly “double,” with 0” before and 0” after
- Justification of margins: All text should be left justified
- Font size text: Use 'Times New Roman' 12-point font
- The name of the document should be written as: Your Name_Article for PHP_Month_YYYY.
- The full term for which an abbreviation stands should precede its first use in the text unless it is a standard unit of measurement.
- The main text of the article can be broken into appropriate sections by the use of section headings.
- Citation (required) but not references (may be asked by the editorial team when necessary)
Authors' photo: Required! A high resolution (300 dpi resolution or better) passport size photo in jpg format (attached separately) should accompany the article.
- The photo file should be named with the authors' full name e.g. John Smith.jpg
- Table & Figure: Please do not include tables and graphs, this is not a journal, it is a newsletter.
- If there are two or more authors; author's contribution in the article is mandatory.
- We want the articles to be interesting and newsy.
Compile the elements of your article in the following order:
- Cover letter: A cover letter written separately should inform us why we should publish your article.
- Title page: including title, full author names (with academic degrees), name of institution, and full contact address of authors including e-mail address. Please also include e-mail addresses for all coauthors on the title page.
- Declaration of conflicting interests (required, if more than one author): Authors could use one of the following statements for this section:
a. The author(s) declared no potential conflicts of interest with respect to the article, authorship, and/or publication of this article.
b. The author(s) declared the following potential conflicts of interest with respect to the article, authorship, and/or publication of this article: [Then, in sentence form, list all specific author relationships with organizations and/or products that were declared].
- Number pages in above sequence, beginning with title page as 1.